Olympus Ranch Stables

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Let there be SUN!

I cannot believe it! We had sun today! Actual shadow casting sun! Hopefully this is a sign of weather to come. I am really itching to get to work on the horses. I am hoping to get the round pen put up in the next couple of weeks. Sephy should be 100% by then and ready to learn some manners. Varro is oh, so ready to get to work. Aspen could take it or leave it, but could stand to lose a few pounds. I know it has been at least 2 years since Varro has been in regular work so plan on taking about 6 weeks to put him through his paces on the ground before I even attempt to step up in the saddle. Aspen will need a bit longer. She is fat as sassy! Sephy really needs to learn: respect the human space; stand quiet for the farrier; stand quiet for deworming and how to wear a bareback pad. I will be starting her on the basics and hope to be doing in-hand trail obstacles with her by the end of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment