Olympus Ranch Stables

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

The Real PT

Today was my first "real" day of PT. I used this sitting elliptical thing for 10 minutes and then the stretching and exercises began. I am quite sore and very weak. There are a set of 3 exercises I can do and 2 stretches. I am really going to feel it in the morning. I was surprised at how mobile my lower back actually is. I was arching my back and rounding my back as part of the stretches. It was uncomfortable, but did not HURT. I have tomorrow "off" and have another session on Thursday. I am allowed to walk on the treadmill up to 10 minutes and then do my exercises and stretches on my off days. Here we go!

I have a follow up appointment with Dr. Halpin (the surgeon) on Friday. I am hoping he will let me start working some with the horses. I would like to at least be able to lift the buckets of feed, lead them to and from the barn and perhaps even do some groundwork. We shall see. My Hubby will want a written note from the Dr. if I am allowed to do anything!!! Someone has to rein me in!

In other news, Sephy is still a spoiled brat! She loves to be pet and scratched but has no concept of manners. She is in for a rude awakening once I am cleared to do some ground work! HAHA She is growing like a weed. I will be sure to get some pictures tomorrow. She is getting thick AND tall! I love her so much! Varro is super bored and really wants to work. I am "playing" with the idea of doing some endurance riding with him next year, depending on how well I heal. We shall see!




No comments:

Post a Comment