Olympus Ranch Stables

Friday, September 16, 2016

One Step Closer to Normal

I had a great follow-up appointment with my spine surgeon today. My X-Rays look great the bone has formed around the “cage” and is healing right on track. I got a chance to chat with the Dr. about the dos and don’ts of activity. Here are some of the things I am able to do now:

• Lead the horses from point A to point B
• Feed the horses
• “Light” ground work, but not with the baby yet as she is still a bit too rambunctious
• Gradually lift up to 40-50 pounds
• Walking on a treadmill as long as I like (no time restrictions) but I am to only walk at this point: NO running or jogging
• Last but not least, I can start taking Alieve/Motrin instead of only Tylenol.

Tonight was business as usual, but I plan to feed by myself in the morning! I am so excited to be able to get to do chores again! I am also looking forward to putting up the round pen and working Varro! He is so bored and will love to get out and stretch his legs! My next appointment is in December and we will address jogging/running and riding. In the meantime, I will be round penning Varro and Aspen. I might be working with Sephy a little, but Hubby will be doing most of the work with her.

Work on the barn is really progressing. Hubby has been working feverishly and we are almost ready to cut some concrete out. He has made several dump runs and at least 1 or 2 more to go. It is really looking gorgeous. The first time I saw this barn, it was difficult to imagine how wonderful it could look, but now, I can really see the vision. Pictures to follow tomorrow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment