Olympus Ranch Stables

Friday, September 9, 2016

First Day of PT

PT has a whole new meaning for me now. For the last 20 plus years of my life PT meant "Physical Training" now it means "Physical Therapy." I had my first PT session today and it was quite interesting. The majority of the session was testing what my range of motion was, where my muscle weaknesses are, etc. I have a lot of work to do to regain my strength, flexibility and stamina. For the next week, I can walk on the treadmill for 5 minutes and do a set of stretches following my walk. I am to do those stretches "several" times a day for 30-60 seconds on each leg.

The VA authorized 12 PT visits so we must make the most of them. For the first 3 weeks, I am seeing the therapist 2ce per week then we will move to once weekly and I will take on more responsibility at home. I have another follow up appointment with Dr. Halpin next week. He will take more X-rays to make sure I am still healing on schedule.

I am getting stronger each day. I did feed the horses tonight but that was it. Tomorrow we have a farrier appointment so I will try to take some pictures of Sephy then.

My awesome husband has been working tirelessly on the barn and today he finished the electrical work. It looks wonderful! Each stall has an electrical outlet above it so we can install a fan above it during the summer! I am so pleased with how much is getting done and how nice everything is looking. He is really putting a lot of time and effort into my dream! I think it is safe to say that within the next month or so, it will be finished and my ponies will have a dry place to spend the winter! Life is good!

1 comment:

  1. So happy your PT went well. Keep up the good work, heal fast, and don't over do it.

    ReplyDelete