It has been almost 3 months since my surgery and I am doing quite well. I am able to go out and help feed the horses and chickens. I still cannot lift the feed buckets as they are too heavy, but I am able to toss flakes of hay out to the ponies and fill the waters.
Sephy has grown so much (I will get some updated pictures soon) and is quite the spoiled brat! I can't wait to be able to start doing some ground work with her. She still does not tie or lead, but that will change soon! We (and by "we" I mean my awesome hubby) have been working on the barn the past few weeks, getting it ready for the horses before the winter rains hit. If you recall from my earlier post, the barn was in horrible shape. The rafters were very low, about 7 feet. The entire barn floor is concrete, and some of it is in rough shape. The entire back wall of the barn was open and a cattle feeder was installed. We have removed the feeder and have framed in that open space. The rafters have been raised to over 8.5 feet tall and the half-wall/railing thing has been removed! We are really moving along! We are almost ready to cut the concrete! Here are a few pictures of the progress we have made so far: