Olympus Ranch Stables

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Long Road Back

It has been a few months since my last post. We are in our new house and it is so beautiful: so much better than I could have imagined! I love the house, I love the views and I love the property layout. I have not been able to take pictures yet, but as soon as I do, rest assured, I will post them.

I had my back surgery on June 13th. I lost a lot of blood during surgery and had a difficult time coming out of the anesthesia. I was kept in the ICU for a few days until I could at least stand up without feeling like I was about to pass out. After a few days in recovery (about a week overall) I got to go home.

My back already feels so much better, even taking in to account the pain of the surgery and surgical sites. HOWEVER, I have had some complications. I had blood clots all up and down my left leg that manifested about 2 weeks after surgery. My husband rushed me back to the hospital and I found myself back in the ICU for several days. I have been back home for about a week and a half and am finally starting to feel better. It will be a long road to recovery.

Aspen and Sephy love their new turnout and are happy. Varro on the other hand has lost some weight and I think he misses working. I am looking forward to a few months down the road when I will be able to at least round pen the horses. Sephy is super duper cute and she knows it! Aspen is a wonderful mother, however, she does not discipline Sephy at all. Sephy is pushy and will benefit from learning about round penning! All in good time....

No comments:

Post a Comment