Olympus Ranch Stables

Friday, April 15, 2016

2 Weeks old today!

Persephone is such a smart and beautiful girl. She has grown tremendously in the last week. In fact, she has almost grown out of her foal halter. I have just ordered her a weanling size in hopes that it will last a few weeks before she out grows it!

I only have one more hole left on her halter!
She is also a good thinker. She does panic when I introduce her to something new, but only for a few seconds. As soon as she realizes that something new isn't killing her, she immediately tries to figure it out. She is brave and curious which is a wonderful combination!

Sephy sticks close to Aspen most of the time, but is beginning to feel her independence.
Her neck is still a touch short, but I can work with it!

I love Persephone's confirmation and color. She just get better everyday! I really think she will be a phenomenal horse when she grows up.

In other news. Varro has been extremely jealous of all the time I am spending with the baby. This weekend he will get some quality round pen time and perhaps a bath, if the weather cooperates. It has been chilly and rainy for the past few days, so we will see.

We will be moving to our new house next month and I am terribly excited about that! I have been pondering the best way to move Aspen and Sephy and think I have a solution: Remove the back divider in my trailer and chain the front divider open. (I have a 2 1/2 slant load) That way it will be like a big box stall and I can load Aspen up front and let Sephy follow us in. She will be able to move around freely and nurse if she feels insecure. That will make Aspen calmer as well. Good thing we are only moving 5 miles down the road!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment