Olympus Ranch Stables

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Our Unicorn

We have found our unicorn! It is the first house we ever saw and while it is listed outside of our budget, I have decided I MUST have it. It is the type of property that we can live happily ever after in. It has everything on our wish list except a fantastic barn. The barn was used for cattle and needs some serious renovation to get it ready for MY babies. The house is perfect for us. It is a bit farther out of town than we are now, which we love. I am not sure how I am going to manage to get it, but I am determined to do what I can.

In other news, I am scheduled to meet my surgeon on Wed to discuss my back surgery! WAHOO!! Riding here I come! I am not sure what type of surgery I am going to get but know that anything is better than what I have now. I started this journey with the VA about 6 months ago and finally have been referred to a spinal expert only 5 miles from where I work! I am so excited about the possibility of running AND riding again! I am hoping that I will be recovered enough to start riding as soon as the weather clears up which should be mid-May.

Aspen is HEAVY in foal and looking so good! We have about 2 more months left and I am starting to get very excited. I read an article that says a maiden mare's first foal is typically a filly. I don't know how accurate that is but I have been thinking of girl names! Pele, the Hawaiian fire goddess and Persephone, queen of the underworld. Any ideas out there in Blogger Land? I am thinking of names with mythological or legendary meanings. 

Here is a before picture of Aspen... pre-preggo right before we moved up here to WA:


 
Here are some pictures I took last weekend. Can you see the difference?
 
 


 
 


1 comment: