Olympus Ranch Stables

Saturday, July 18, 2015

A Spa Day

I had every intention of riding this afternoon. It was so hot and humid today and I decided that Varro could use a spa day. I knew I was going to have him out for quite a while so I moved Aspen into the arena (right next to the trailer) so she would not spend the next several hours all stressed out calling for him. I tied him to the trailer with his hay net and went to work. He was filthy!

He is starting to get the hang of things, he is almost my "old" Varro from before we moved here. He was quiet at the trailer all afternoon! I would give him treats every once in a while for standing quiet. He let me trim his mane, braid his forelock and tail and put a tail bag on. He loves getting pampered so much. After the spa day, I turned him out into the arena with Aspen for the rest of the afternoon until it was time for dinner!

I also gave Aspen a bath, trimmed her mane and braided her forelock as well. She, however, will need a spa day part 2 tomorrow so I can tackle her tail! It is horrendous! I broke my brush when I was brushing out Varro's tail and there was NO way I was going to get Aspen's "dreadlocks of tail" done with a comb! I will post pictures of her tomorrow once I get her finished!

Enjoy the pictures of my golden child!






 

1 comment:

  1. I love spa days -- a thoroughly groomed horse is the best

    ReplyDelete