Olympus Ranch Stables

Monday, February 2, 2015

Throwing in the towel

I GIVE!!!!

I love the rain here and appreciate all the promises for Spring it brings, but DANG! I NEED TO RIDE! My attitude is severely suffering without my "usual" daily rides on Woobie. I have decided to board Aspen and Varro for the next couple of months in order to have unlimited access to an indoor arena, 12x12 stalls (in a REAL barn) with attached runs and a wash rack. I am headed over to check things out tomorrow after work. Board is pretty "reasonable" considering it is full board with hay and bedding included. I must admit that I am already having small panic attacks thinking that Woobie and Aspen won't be 5 minutes from my backdoor....

This is hard. I would welcome some comments from anyone who boards about the schedule they have and how they are able to keep the bond with their horses without being the one to provide ALL of the daily care! On the other hand I am really looking forward to riding "everyday" after work and having my babies clean and dry in a barn. I will be posting pictures and a report about our "new barn" tomorrow so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment