Olympus Ranch Stables

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Winter in Washington

So it has literally been raining for over 2 months... everyday. Now, don't get me wrong I love the rain. It is beautiful and will undoubtedly bring green spring pastures and pretty flowers, however, I have not ridden Varro at all in two months! I am slightly frustrated. With my first winter experience in mind, I have totally reprioritized my "need" list for when I buy my next house. (We are only renting right now)

1. Barn with individual runs
2. Indoor/covered arena
3. 2 different pastures for rotation (shelters in each pasture)

That about sums it up. A pretty and up-to-date house would be nice, but honestly we will probably have to get some kind of fixer upper in order to afford the barn and arena. So far there is only one property that fits my needs in the area that I am looking to settle in. Let's hope those odds increase next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment