Olympus Ranch Stables

Monday, September 1, 2014

The Best Laid Plans...

Today was a total bust for working Varro. When I pulled him out this morning, he was terribly lame. When I cleaned out his hooves, they were a hot mess! His frogs were torn to pieces and the edges were chipped and cracked. I pulled his shoes last farrier appointment thinking he would be OK. I guess not. The farrier will be coming out Wed and I will be asking for a full set of shoes on my poor boy! I am scheduled to start lessons back up on Sat, so I am really hoping this lameness issue will be resolved with new shoes.

On the other hand, Aspen did wonderfully today! We worked on round penning and basic ground manners as she has been on vacation for the last 8 or 9 months. Best to just start from the beginning with her. She seemed to remember the round penning rules and was quite respectful when we started in on ground work. She is a bit spooky but that is to be expected. Tomorrow we try tack on to see if what I have fits her, or if I will need to order something. I will be sure to take some pictures to show her off!

No comments:

Post a Comment