Olympus Ranch Stables

Sunday, August 10, 2014

A Busy Week

It has been a busy week in my neck of the woods. I have sold Epona! I wasn't really looking very hard for a new home for her but the perfect home just popped into our lap! She really is an incredible filly: smart, athletic, friendly and willing to please. She is suited for WESTERN events instead of dressage. Her new home is amazing! I went to visit (you know, a minor stalker trying to make sure it is good enough for my baby) and it is beautiful! Her new Mom and Dad trail ride as well as do team penning/roping! That is perfect for Epona. She will have three other horses to keep her company and will fit right in!

In other news, Varro and I have been doing a lot of ground work. I also got the green light to start riding/working Aspen from my hubby! He is starting school full time and is worried he won't have enough time to restart her himself. It has been over a year since she was ridden last and even then it was not on a consistent basis. So as I move into this new week, I have two riding horses to work! I am looking forward to it as they are starting to get pretty buddy sour. My arena is still not ready to ride in. There are SO MANY thistles that I fear I may need to rent a few goats to just eat everything in there. I pull one thistle up and turn around and notice six more! I may start hauling in to a local arena and pay a riding fee just to get some good quality riding in.

Happy riding and I will try to get some pictures posted this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment