Olympus Ranch Stables

Saturday, June 14, 2014

The Long Trek North

First off I must apologize for not posting anything for the last month or so. I have been so busy moving... I had no idea just how much stuff I had until it was time to pack it up and move it all!

We finally made it to Yelm, WA and I am in absolute heaven. The drive up here was a bit of a nightmare: I hauled 2 horses, 2 dogs and a cat... All I can say is I am so glad it is over. It was a tad over 1400 miles and I did the haul in 2 days. 2 very, very long days. The original plan was to take 3 days but after the first overnight stop, Aspen would NOT get back in the trailer. I did not want a repeat episode of the mess so I just pushed on through stopping every 3 hours to feed/water the horses and let the dogs have a potty break. All in all is was a good trip considering...

So, without further ado, here are some pictures of my new house:

It would appear that it actually rains here! The lawn is terribly over grown and this was just a couple weeks! I sure do have my work cut out for me to whip this place into shape!

Here are some pictures of the horses enjoying their new home! As you can tell I still have a lot to set up. For now they are content to eat grass and run to their hearts content. I have a smaller section fenced off for them to limit their grazing time to prevent colic/founder but the rest of their turnout in over an acre and a half! They love it!



 
This is where I plan to set up my round pen

This is where I am putting the arena

This is where a second turnout will go to prevent over-grazing.
So, this is our new home! I have a meeting with a local trainer on Tuesday next week so stay tuned for some reports on my lessons!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! We lived in Lakewood when we were there but my trainer lived just outside of Yelm. It is so beautiful there especially this time of year. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah! Glad to see you settling in.

    Thank you so very much for your super kind comments (made to Cristina). She thinks the world of you and clearly misses you! :0) It was so much fun to meet her. As we were having dinner, she said she has a friend who had just moved to Washington, and I thought, how weird! I also "know" someone who just moved to Washington. Of course, there followed a bit of well what's her name and all of a sudden, bingo! We're talking about the same person. She was an absolute delight!

    I looked for her on Facebook, but alas, no go. If you would let her know that I enjoyed meeting her, I would be so grateful. I would love to keep in touch with her, even if only just now and again. I gave her my blog name, but I am not sure she'll remember it. I would love to hear back from her though. :0)

    I can't wait to see how you settle in to your new place. :0)

    ReplyDelete