Olympus Ranch Stables

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Shedding the Foal Coat

Epona is so smart and so much fun to work with. She is learning so fast! I try to teach her something new to "tolerate" after each round pen session. I am using mostly "Clinton Anderson" methods with her mixed with a little from my Grandad and personal experience. After the round penning, I do  "desensitization" with her. I am so proud of her. She is learning to stand still and not panic whatever comes at her! Next we will tackle... The Plastic Bag!!! She gets a rinse off bath after each session as she still has a super thick "winter/foal coat." Any advice as to how to get her to shed it out faster? Or should I just try to body clip her?

Tomorrow is Woobie's day! We are going to have a wonderful arena workout followed by a full fledged bath! Life is good in Southern California!

She has such a pretty face!

Super fuzzy baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment