Olympus Ranch Stables

Monday, February 24, 2014

Catching up

Epona has been here for a week now and is still just as friendly and happy as when she got here. Today was her first official training day! We did a short 10 minute round pen session. Epona is super smart. My goal today was for her to go in the direction I asked her to go and when I asked her to stop, look at me. DONE! She went freely in both directions. I did not want to push her or ask her for too much physical exertion since she is still so young. We finished up our first training session with a good grooming and picked out each of her hooves. I would say that today was a complete success!
Varro and Epona are beginning to become friends! Yesterday Varro and I went on a nice trail ride. My friend TB was here for a visit and it was nice to have her along for the ride! When we got back little Epona actually whinnied at Varro! I think he will "tolerate" her well.

1 comment: