Olympus Ranch Stables

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

#3 Barn cat? Barn dog? Barn ____?

The wind has been horrible for the past few days! We also have a cold snap coming with some snow forecasted starting tomorrow. I don't think I will get any saddle time until this weekend, so, on to posting my 14 photos!

As it happens, we have all of the above... dogs, cat and chickens! Enjoy!
 This is our Cattle Dog Papi. He is a "pound puppy" the I adopted the day he was to be euthanized. He is the best herder ever! I have had him about 8 years.
 This is Sassy. She is THE Princess, spoiled rotten and knows it. She is a Vizsla, and about 13 years old. She does not consider herself a common dog, she is royalty!
 This is Kahn. our devil cat. He was part of a feral litter turned in to our local vet about 9 years ago. He was so mean that he was not adoptable. I needed a barn cat so... took him in. Over the years he has earned his keep by being the best mouser ever! He also takes down jack rabbits and birds! I never have to worry about mice getting into the feed!
This is Pepper, the newest addition to our family. She is a Doberman  x Aussie. She is adorable and a superior watchdog! She keeps us safe from the UPS truck as well as the FedEx truck LOL. Seriously though she is very good at protecting us!
Last but not least, our chickens. The Girls are a bit older now, but are super cute! They are very personable and love to be the center of attention!

I hope you have enjoyed the tour of my "ranch mascots!"

3 comments:

  1. Your description of Sassy reminds me of my dog. Prancer(my dog) thinks she is a princess and she too is spoiled rotten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a Sassy who thought she was a princess, too. The name is very fitting, lol.

    ReplyDelete