Olympus Ranch Stables

Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Final Five

It has been a couple days since I have posted. I am now enrolled in college! I spent the last few days getting all of my paperwork together (GI Bill) so I can use my military education benefits! WOOT WOOT! Classes start next month!

OK so on to the final day of the 5 Day Challenge:

21. Favorite classes to watch:  I love to watch ALL dressage classes. I am secretly addicted to USEF TV. At the shows, I like to watch the next level up from what I am competing at. (Training and 1st Level)

22. What's in your cooler at horse shows: Well, it kind of varies as to what is in my pantry but, hard boiled eggs, Gatorade and water are my staples. I also have sandwiches and carrots (for both me AND Varro haha) I like to bring pudding cups for a quick "pick me up" and at least 1 or 2 Cokes.

23. One thing about showing (or riding in general) you wish you could change: Dressage in not extremely popular where I live and have to drive at least 2-3 hours to the closest shows. I would LOVE to have at least a schooling show closer to home.

24. Your ringside crew: There is a group of girls that generally go to the same shows and we tend to support each other. We all haul separately but try to be there ringside when we compete. I adore my Horsey Girls and like to get together with them for group trail rides and cookouts as well!

25. Best Prizes: Well, when I first started riding English I went to a Hunters Show and made a clean sweep! I won a 3 hook bridal bag! It is awesome! It is hanging in my trailer and I LOVE it! Best Prize Ever!

Tomorrow I will post about my ride! After a week, the weather is finally warm enough to do a nice arena workout then a nice trail ride! New pictures of my Woobie in all his winter wooliness will also be posted tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. congrats on getting enrolled and going back to school. I often toy with the idea but just can't find something I'm totally committed to studying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am looking forward to it and nervous at the same time! It has been sooo long since I have been in school LOL

      Delete
  2. Congrats on school!!
    I love reading about your riding and experiences... You remind me of grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janelle, that is the NICEST thing you could ever say!!! <3

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on enrolling in a college. Which one are you going to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I am excited, but nervous I am over 40 ish-something so it has been a while! I am going to National University. They have a satellite campus at the Marine Corps Base near me.

      Delete
  4. Yay for going back to school! The GI Bill is wonderful, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete