Olympus Ranch Stables

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Riding with the New Boots

I LOVE the front boots! They fit very well and stayed put! They provided just the right amount of support! The hind boots on the other hand kept creeping up Varro's leg then twisting. Perhaps I did not put them on correctly but I ended up taking them off 20 min into our ride. I will do some research and make sure that "user error" isn't involved and try again tomorrow. I didn't get any pictures of the boots on Woobie today as I left my camera inside... I will be sure to take it out with me tomorrow and get several pictures. I was so very pleased with the fit and how secure and comfortable the front boots were (Woobie LOVED them) that I am SURE the hind boots are user error! More to report on that tomorrow!

On to our ride! Once of my friends, CP trailered out and went for a ride with us! I worked Varro in the arena first for about 40 minutes a: to try out the boots and see how they worked and b: to get him warmed up and in the right frame of mind to hit the trail. When CP arrived and unloaded her horse, Varro was soooo nosey about it! He tried everything he could to get out of working so he could head over and investigate. He was naughty, just very curious!

Once CP warmed up her horse off we went. We rode around for over 2 hours and both horses behaved amazingly well! When we got back, I took off the front boots as was super pleased to see that they hadn't slipped around or twisted. Varro seemed very comfortable in them. AWESOME!

3 comments:

  1. Great news about the front boots. Hopefully the hind boots will sort out. The ride sounds like it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was super pleased with the front boots! Varro will trip over a blade of grass LOL and frequently trips while we are out on trail. These boots provided him great support and he only tripped over himself twice! I believe these boots made a big difference in the fact that he was not sore nor did he have any "strains" when we got back! Even if the hind boots don't "fit right" I LOVE the fronts and they are WELL WORTH BUYING THE SET TO GET THEM! That takes a lot for me to say since I am such a cheapskate when it comes to spending money!

      Delete
  2. So glad you like them!! Also super glad your SS present came through. After I ordered them, I was like "Uh oh... I may have put the note in the wrong place. I hope this works."

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete