Olympus Ranch Stables

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Beautiful Weather, Beautiful Ride!

Today started out great! My excellent hubby fixed my little tractor last night so I could drag the corrals! I have been mucking them out by hand for the past week. Keep in mind that each corral is 24x72.... UGH! Was I ever getting a workout. But I digress...

I got all my corrals dragged along with the arena! They look so beautiful! The sun is shining and there is NO wind at all. It is a pleasant 55 degrees out so my friend TB came out for a trail ride today. Varro was a champ!

I took him to the round pen about 30 minutes early thinking he was going to be a handful and need to blow off some steam before the ride:
 
As you can tell by these pictures, Woobie was a "wild man" hahaha. He trotted around the round pen a couple times, stuck his tongue out at me and just stood there... I think we are ready to tack up and get on our way.

We went over to the trailer to tack up. Varro was easy going and only got uppity when TB arrived and started tacking up her horse.

We went to the arena and did our usual warm up while we waited for TB to join us. Woobie was a DOLL! We went for a short ride, maybe about 45 min. Long enough for both horses to stretch their legs and work up a tiny sweat. Woobie enjoyed getting out and relaxing on the trail... Tomorrow; the arena!
Woobie had the tiniest of sweat marks when we got back.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think so too! I was smitten the first time I saw him!!!!

      Delete
  2. Soo jealous...our high was 28...
    The ride sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another nice day today! Just got done on the treadmill and another ride planned for this afternoon! You should come visit!!!

      Delete
  3. Careful, he looks outta control int he round pen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! LOL He was a crazed wild man! I'm not even going to bother with the round pen today :-)

      Delete