Olympus Ranch Stables

Saturday, December 7, 2013

5 Day Challange: Day 1

Tracy, over at Fly on Over, started a 5-Day Blogging Challenge. It has been so cold and windy that I have not been riding and find myself needing something to post about!
 
1. Most influential person on your riding: There have been several influential people during my lifetime but the most influential was my Grandad. He was a true natural horseman and taught me so much. I hope to be half the rider he was. 



2. Piece of tack you'd love to splurge on: I typically save my money and get exactly what I want the first time BUT I would love to get Woobie a really nice show bridle. One with nice soft thick padded leather and a sparkly browband! Maybe a Passier or a Keifer.

Kieffer Ergonomic II Dressage Bridle
 
3. Top 5 riding playlist: I don't actually listen to music/headphones while I ride. I feel it takes too much away from my "oneness with my horse." I would however love to be able to listen to a radio playing softly in the back ground of either classical (Mozart) or heavy metal music (Old Metallica), depending on my mood.

4. Most important aspect of your barn: I actually have my horse on my own property and I do not have a "barn." I LOVE being able to care for, feed and hang out with Varro whenever I want. I also have miles of dirt roads (trails) right out my front gate to ride on when we both need to just zen.
 
5. Three winter riding goals:
1. Memorize the training level tests.

2. Work on better transitions. Varro tends to give me arguments on his up transitions. He is getting better but we still need work.

3. I also need to work on my own personal balance and softness. Varro is very picky and I cannot "ride too hard" I love that he MAKES me be a better rider.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I do love having my own place and try to keep everything "just so" Soon I will dedicate a post to my place to show it off a little bit :-)

      Delete
  2. I am constantly trying to improve my balance. I think my albeit limited riding without stirrups is really helping me in that regard.

    ReplyDelete