Olympus Ranch Stables

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Lazy Days

It is Veteran's Day and in military speak, that means a "96." A 96 is 4 days off in a row! A Looong weekend. I retired a couple of months ago, so for me it has been one long 96, but for my Hubby, who is still active duty, it is a few days off to relax and recharge. He got to sleep in this morning and I got to hit the trail with my friend again.... Today's ride was even more uneventful than yesterday so not to encourage your boredom, I decided to do a review of my favorite tack items. 

I love reading reviews about tack, so lets start off with my saddle. I have a Wintech Isabell with the CAIR and quick change gullet. I absolutely love this saddle. It fits every horse I have put it on and cleans up super duper easy. It retails for $1299 on www.doversaddlery.com but I got it gently used off www.tacktrader.com for only $900! 

 


My bridle is the Suffolk Dressage Bridle. I don't have a picture of it but I bought it from Dover (see link above) for $54.99. I originally bought it because I was just starting to convert from Western to English and didn't want to spend a lot of money in case I was horrible. OK so, that was 3 years ago and it still looks great! I don't clean it as often as I should, but it has held up amazingly well. I highly suggest it!

I would love to hear about what you use!


No comments:

Post a Comment