Olympus Ranch Stables

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Frisky Horses

What a gorgeous day! My friend TB came over for a trail ride today. I was prepared for a bit of an attitude from Varro as we did not have a workout in the arena first. However, I do live close to the Marine Corps Training Area and helicopters have been low flying overhead all day long! This does NOT make for a relaxed Varro! I should have done some arena work first....

On our ride, I swear I was riding a giraffe!!! Varro's head was sooo high I thought he was going to end up with whiplash. hahaha Anyway, he chose to snort and spook at every little thing during the first part of our trail ride, so I put him to work! I asked him to trot then walk then trot then walk for about a 1/2 mile... ALL collected! By the time we were done he was "begging" me to give him a loose rein to stretch his head down! The rest of the ride went much better but tomorrow will be a serious arena workout!
Run first. Snort second. Don't let the monster get you!

2 comments: