Olympus Ranch Stables

Monday, November 25, 2013

Back into the ranks of the EMPLOYED!

As some of you may know (if you have been following my blog for awhile) I retired after 20 years of active duty service in the military. I have been "unemployed" since Sept. Although I have loved being a woman of leisure and riding Wobbie nearly everyday, it doesn't pay much! LOL I have sacrificed my weekly lessons and dropped out of the show circuit until I found other employment. I received a job offer a few days ago and everything has worked out perfectly! I will be starting work after Thanksgiving! This is, of course, bittersweet as I LOVE riding everyday but alas, I do need a paycheck.

I plan to start my lessons back up after Christmas and will go to a schooling show January 19th at PepperGlen (see the 2014 Show Schedule page for details) I will only have 2 lessons under my belt at that time but feel confident that Varro and I will have fun! It is only a schooling show after all!


I cannot wait to start lessons again!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job! And thank you for your service!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It has been an adjustment re-entering "civilian" life but horses have always been the center of my world and have made the transition easier. I cannot wait to get back to work!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I was beginning to worry I wouldn't be able to hit any 2014 shows LOL

      Delete