Olympus Ranch Stables

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Timing is Everything

Another great ride on "Woobie" (aka Varro) today. I started out with free walking around the arena and took an extra few minutes doing it too. I am a little sore from yesterday's ride, so I assumed Varro might be too. I then urged him into a trot on the long sides and collected walk on the short side. Once he was going well and forward, I changed to figure 8s. On the diagonals I did the up up down exercise from yesterday and it went much better. My timing was much better today and I think I figured out my balance a little bit better. I still need some work but I am getting there. I still need to grab a handful of mane to keep me from getting left behind his movement but I felt more in tune with it!

I finished up with 2 canter circles in each direction then went for a short trail ride to cool down. He was a little bit of a "Looky Loo" compared to our other rides but no spooking at all! All in al we spent about 20 minutes or so in the arena then another 20 out on the trail. After I untacked and groomed him I put him in the "grazing stall." The grazing stall is a 12x24 corral that has Bermuda grass growing in it. It is a nice place for him to relax and decompress a bit. What a great ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment