Olympus Ranch Stables

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Vet and Farrier for Apollo

The vet and farrier came out for Apollo as I was VERY concerned about his future soundness. GOOD NEWS! With the fabulous trim job of my farrier and a very in depth soundness exam from my vet, I am excited to say that Apollo will be ready to ride in a few days! (Unfortunately I will not be) We all had a major pow-wow about what the best course of action would be for him. We (and by we I mean the vet and the farrier) decided a pair of Soft Ride Boots were the permanent answer. Here is a link:
http://www.softrideboots.com/default.asp

In short they are special orthopedic boots with special gel inserts. They can be worn 24x7 for the rest of his life! They are quite expensive ($200) but when you consider the alternative, special shoeing custom made with pads at $125 per shoeing, those boots are quite reasonable!

Apollo also needs a bit bigger place to live with a little bit harder footing so I moved him into the new grass turnout. I guess growing grass in the desert is a pipe dream anyway! I am so happy to know that he will be ready to ride when I am!

1 comment:

  1. Love the new header!! Looks great! Also. . . This posts reminds me of that book at grandma's house about the horse that wanted to wear shoes :) Dreams do come true.

    ReplyDelete