Olympus Ranch Stables

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Apollo

Had a nice round pen session with Apollo after work today. He really is a gentle soul. I am concerned about his ligament injury. It has healed nicely and doesn't seem to bother him at all. I do however see a limited range of motion. He is extremely stiff on the back part of his stride. It is as if he is wearing high heels on that hoof and not able to "put his heel down." I will continue to walk him in the round pen and use liniment and poultice to see what I can do to help him regain his range of motion. He is such a great horse and now that I can't ride, I can really take my time with him. I tried to take some video/pictures but my camera battery was dead sooooo pictures tomorrow!

My next day with Apollo will be Thurs (I am alternating days between the boys) First I will put some liniment on his leg and wrap all four legs. Then off to a 10 min warm up in the round pen then try some stretching with that stiff leg. I will finish up by taking him for a nice walk around the block. Once we get back I will cold hose his legs and put on poultice and leave it on overnight. Poor goober-boy, I love him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment